Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1st Low Carb Menu

6am
2 large cups of organic coffee with milk

9am
2 bowls of Beef Bone Broth soup with beef, carrot, celery, kale, garlic, wild leeks

10am
2 large cups of earl grey tea with milk

4pm
handful of brazil nuts

6:45pm
Romaine salad
pork heart seasoned with garlic powder, salt and pepper
broccoli with butter

Raw heart


cooked heart


Note:
This is the first time that I had pork heart. I have eaten chicken hearts and beef heart before (the beef heart was cut up for me in smaller pieces). However when I looked at the pork heart it looked very life like as if it could be a human heart. I was feeling sentimental at the fact that this organ was what gave life to this pig and I was holding it in my hand. I gave thanks to the life that was sacrificed for me to feed my family.

I did not have much of an appetite today. My stomach was feeling unwell. The feelings have passed now that it is evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment